Sidon Lebanese Grille and Bakery has the most delicious Lebanese food in the Toledo, Ohio area. If you’ve tasted our hearty Lebanese dishes, you’re probably wishing you could dine with us every night. That’s why we’re offering up these classic Lebanese recipes for you to make at home. Read on to learn how to prepare authentic Hommus and Baba Ghannouj from the comfort of your kitchen.
Authentic Lebanese Hommus – A Signature Dish
Hommus is probably the most well-known Lebanese food of all time. People around the world enjoy this savory, healthy chick pea dip. We’ll teach you how to prepare Hommus the way we make it at Sidon Lebanese Grille and Bakery. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a food processor, and a love for delicious Lebanese cuisine!
The great thing about making Hommus is that it only takes a few minutes. You don’t need to get a bunch of dishes dirty because you can make it right in your food processor. When you taste this delicious treat, you’ll be wondering how you made something so tasty with such little effort.
• 2 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 1 teaspoon salt (add more to taste)
• 5 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon pine nuts or sesame seeds (optional)
After you’ve gathered all your ingredients, place the garlic cloves in the food processor and mince them. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and puree them. You want your Hommus to have a thick consistency so you can spread it on pita bread or dip chips in it. Make sure not to process it too intensely, because it will become watery and thin. After the Hommus reaches the right consistency, serve it on a plate or bowl to delight your guests. You can also garnish it with pine nuts or sesame seeds to add some extra flavor.
Authentic Baba Ghannouj – Unique and Delicous
Baba Ghannouj is a staple of Lebanese restaurants everywhere, and at Sidon Lebanese Grille and Bakery, we take pride in our recipe. We value our customers so much that we’re sharing our secret to delicious Lebanese Baba Ghannouj! Whether you’ll be serving this dish to a large group or enjoying it alone on a quiet afternoon, this recipe is sure to be a delight.
• 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 large eggplant
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Grill your eggplant over a charcoal grill for approximately 15 minutes. The outsides should be charred while the insides should be soft. If you don’t have a charcoal grill, you can perform this process in a frying pan.
2. After the eggplant is charred, bake it on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until it is very soft.
3. Skin the eggplant, discarding the skin and placing the meat of the eggplant in a bowl. Mash the eggplant to a paste using a fork.
4. Add the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic and mash them all together.
5. Taste the Baba Ghannouj and add salt if needed. Add more tahini and lemon juice to taste.
6. Transfer the Baba Ghannouj to a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
Enjoy These Sidon Favorites in the Comfort of Your Home
After you’ve tasted these incredible Lebanese dishes at home, you’ll be longing for a full-course meal at Sidon Lebanese Grille and Bakery. Any time you’re in the Toledo, Ohio area, you’re welcome at our restaurant. We’ll make sure your Lebanese food cravings are satisfied every night of the week, whether you’re dining with us or cooking at home.